Flourish
Single Mom Care

 Phone number (417) 861-0254

flourishsinglemomcare@gmail.com

 

2350 S. April Ave

Springfield, MO 65807

@2016 by, Flourish Single Mom Care. Proudly created with wix.com

OUR

MINIStry

single mother statistics

  1. Single moms are the fastest growing population in the world today https://gabaptist.org/hope-help-for-single-moms/.

  2. 67% of today’s single parents are not actively attending a local church (The Church and the Single Mom, Carepoint 2011.) 

  3. There are 10 million single mother-led families in the United States. United States Census Bureau. “https://www.census.gov” retrieved 10.6.2017.

  4. 1,600,208 of babies born in the U.S.—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

  5. More than half of millennial women aged 26 to 31 who have babies are either unmarried or single instead of part of a married couple, according to a recent study from Johns Hopkins University.

  6. 71% of teenage pregnancies are to children of single parents. Daughters of single parents are 2.1 times more likely to have children during their teenage years versus daughters from intact families. Daughters of single parents are 53% more likely to marry as teenagers, 164% more likely to have a premarital birth, and 92% more likely to dissolve their own marriages. All these intergenerational consequences of single motherhood increase the likelihood of chronic welfare dependency, according to Statistics from COPS -- Coalition of Parental Support “http://www.fathersmanifesto.net/statistc.htm”

  7. 90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]

  8. 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average.

  9. 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average.  (National Principals Association Report)

  10. Less than 1% of the 300.000 evangelical churches in the U.S. have some form of outreach to single moms; leaving 99% percent of our churches unequipped to meet this need.

 

In the U.S. and around the world family life is changing. Two-parent households are on the decline in the United States as divorce, remarriage, abandonment or lack of commitment are on the rise. The life of single motherhood in our nation is increasing every day and is projected to continue to grow.
With the population of single mothers growing, it is crucial that we, as the body of Christ, will  recognize the needs of the single mom in reaching out to her and her children through a single mothers’ program to show that we care for her and for her family.  
As we have learned throughout the years of working with single moms, we found out that single moms have a legitimate desire to connect and belong to a place where those involved in it have walked in their shoes. They need a place where they can be accepted, loved and cared for. A place where they can hear Bible teachings related to their daily struggles that can address some issues like guilt or God’s justice, solo parenting, dating as a single mom, financial stewardship, emotional health etc.

A Single Mom Care Group can provide just that!

Flourish Serves:
How Flourish Single Mom Care works:

Flourish Single Mom Care offers a 4 hour training in English or Spanish for pastors and churches with training materials included. We offer follow up support, knowledge of agencies, resources and networks to support the single mom demographic.

  • Training "FLOURISH" Care Teams

  • Sharing training materials

  • Vision casting and recruiting volunteers at speaking

       engagements.

  • Follow-up support

  • Knowledge of agencies, expertise, resources and networks to support   the single mom   group.

  • Spiritual support and encouragement.

  • Telephone consultation

WHAT CAN A SINGLE MOM EXPECTS FROM A FLOURISH GROUP
  • Once a month gathering and a full meal

  • Bible teachings

  • Fun activities for her children

  • Spiritual growth

  • Solo Parenting Guidance

  • Financial Stewardship Training

  • Emotional Health Support

  • Healthy relationships, laughter and encouragement.

There are also multiple events throughout the year that cater to the seasonal needs of the single moms, like our annual Flourish Single Mom’s Christmas Banquet, back-to-school drives, spa days for the single mothers to relax and be pampered, movie nights, etc. Most of these are provided by the church that hosts that particular Flourish group.

 

SINGLE MOMS EVENTS

One of the most vital elements of this ministry is to offering fun activities full of joy for single moms and their children. 

FLOURISH VOLUNTEERS

Flourish volunteers are what keeps this ministry moving! We would never be able to accomplish all that we do without our helpful hands!